DMCA notifications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered effective, a notification of claimed copyright infringement must contain the following information:
- An electronic signature of the copyright owner, or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
- Identification in detail of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed on.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Umbra Hosting to contact the Complainant (email address is preferred)
- Include the following statement: “I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above on the allegedly infringing web pages is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.”
- Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner to make this complaint.”
Umbra Hosting is required by law to remove or block access to customers content upon receipt of a proper notice of copyright infringement. It is Umbra Hosting’s policy to terminate services for clients who commit repeat violations of copyright law.